Thursday, July 5, 2012

Too able to be disabled

A dear friend pointed out to me I hadn't blogged in a while.  This is true.  There's no real deep reason why, honestly I've been busy.  School ended about 6 weeks ago and it's incumbent on me to tell you my children are too able to be allowed extended school year yet too disabled to attend day camp.  The boys, now 12 and 9 did attend a special needs day camp for a week.  They have gone there there there last few years.  Hannah is in a different realm, she is too able to be disabled for sure.  However, she also hugs the edge of Neurotypical enough so she craves friendship and interaction openly. I took a risk and enrolled her the same week in the day camp for typical children her age.  I mean, it was a week.  What on earth could happen?

Never ask such questions.

Cue one broken wrist through two bones and a cast from her thumb to her armpit.  The boys both declared they hate their camp and never want to return.  So, yep, I'm a tad overwhelmed.  In the interim, all three are doing their best to disembowel each other, I have applied to nursing school and roll the fuck on school ....for us....all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment