Monday, October 20, 2014

Me, A Troll?

Today I was accused of being a troll. Really not a big deal, I've been called far worse in far more polite forums. What bothered be about this was the context of said name calling. It was a reply log to an article about something exceptionally close to my heart. A 3 year old boy with autism who was subjected to a 5 hours ride from his school to his home; a trip that would usually take his parents 20 minutes. A dear friend of mine posted his own scathing article; well written, composed (considering the subject matter, he is al so a parent of a son with autism.) Along with the usual platitudes, "Oh my GOD.....That's horrific......if that was my child," I could easily pin point those with children with Autism and special needs comments.

Then, there were the others

You see, I have been spoiled. I am in a private group for parents of children with Autism. I have several face book and twitter friends and followers who just get it. I have cut out all those that are cruel, or refuse to learn or understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment