Friday, August 19, 2011

Being a soft kid!

There is a curse amongst most (if not all) stay at home parents.  Finding companionship, human interaction, adult interjection, anyone BUT children.  As much as we adore them our children,  I have been an at home parent for over 6 years now, which by the way was not on my to do list.  Having said that, neither was my adventure into autism, adhd and sensory processing disorder. (What you missed out???)

The latter three has imprinted on me a need to give everyone about 15 chances before writing them off.  That's about 14 chances more than most give and there's both good and bad to both judgements.  One is reactionary, albeit instinctive.  It reads a situation, renders a decision, executes a judgement and wipes off hands.  The other is the sad arsed bleeding heart reactionary (that on occasion would be me).  I have seen so much diversity, reasons why people act the way they do I often (no, always) look for the psychological reason.  I am a social psychologist at heart and I tend to see why people act the way they do and communicate the way they choose.  As such, (unless they promote beheading) I give them far more time and chances than 90% of my fellow human brethren.  Don't get me wrong, I am not blind, but on occasion I look too deep.  Sometimes no matter how deep I look, the reality is, the person I was giving that 15th chance to is still a hopeless divvie. 

Some of us are not wired in to knowing when others are being emotional users, some of us need help.  Tonight I needed help.  I learned.  Learning can be tough, but it never disappoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment