Thursday, August 4, 2011

Transitions galore

Transitions are rough on the most savvy and contained individual; add in being little and having limited social understanding and social cues.  Actually that sounds far worse than it really is, but both my lads will need a bit of extra TLC in the coming weeks.  We are moving...not far, about 20 minutes closer to Atlanta.  There is a multitude of reasons to explain why, if you want the nitty gritty feel free to message me.

Nothing has been said nor explained to the children for now.  I was waiting to get a new place sorted and the T's crossed and I's dotted. I wish I could.  They're not stupid and while I wait for my partner to catch up with the reality of the emotional aspect of this situation we have three wee kids who need answers.  I spent much of today trying to put myself in their heads, understand what this move (the beginning of a few) means.  I myself have moved over a dozen times the last 3 decades, but my wains have been happily solidified the last five. They thrive on structure and consistency and we are about to send them down the pin ball table like frigid marbles.

The next few weeks/months will be awful, liberating, irritating and real all at once.   I will be ok; I always am.  I hate not being able to protect and anticipate my kids needs. Parenting...one tough arse job!

No comments:

Post a Comment